Sunday, July 14, 2013

Fabric. The fabric of our lives.

Happy Sunday friends! I love Sundays. Love them from the tip of my toes! Such a time to plug in and recharge. And I love me some sunday morning worship surrounded by my church family. I then love having lunch w the family and running errands w mom. And by running errands I mean target. Duh.


Today, mom and I got crazy and ventured to the local fabric store because I have decided I want to re-cover the stools I created last year (Pinterest inspired...project pictures later...I have to drive to school to get them) I wanted brighter fabric and a fresh look for a new year. (My dad, who spent many hours w this project last summer, thinks the old fabric was perfect.) 

I also searched for fabric for the curtains mom is making me this year!!!! "Wait, Cait I thought your classroom didn't have a window?" You might ask. Oh, you're correct, these will be real life curtains for my fake window!

I scoured that fabric store, looked at and touched every fabric in that place...and nothing spoke to me. See, I can't just buy ANY fabric for my windowless window curtains...it has to be perfect! That window is like my alias, my theme song, my thang. 

So, I left w out curtain fabric, but snagged some cute stool fabric and a nifty two inch hole punch :) 




I hope you're plugged in and recharging for the upcoming week! Let me leave you w some words that spoke to me today. 

Everyone has something he/she is totally crazy about, addicted to, fixated on. What if we all took that zeal we have for that thing and applied it to our faith? I mean holy moly what could be accomplished if we focused our fixation and our crazy towards The Lord! I need to work on this, because ill tell anyone who has ears about my laminator...but I shy away from talking about my faith. God blessed me and all of you w the zeal for all things teaching, lets give it back! 

2 comments:

Shafer's Shenanigans said...

Love, love, love the orange fabric! I have been toying with the idea of making milk crate schools for my classroom, but I think I need to get some other projects out of the way first (like making black and white polka dot curtains for my room out of bandanas).

Susie
Shafer's Shenanigans 

Shafer's Shenanigans said...

Hey, Cait! I nominated you for the Liebster Award for a million reasons, but most importantly, you're an amazing teacher and awesomely creative! Check out my latest blog post to find out all about the award.

Susie
Shafer's Shenanigans 

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs